Disaster Cash Assistance Available for Washington Residents Affected by Wildfires | New

OLYMPIA – The Department of Health and Human Services has updated its Disaster Assistance Program to help those affected by wildfires across Washington state. DCAP for Forest Fires will help households with financial losses that will not be covered within 30 days.

If your household has been affected by wildfires in Douglas, Okanogan, Whitman, Lincoln, Spokane, Chelan, Pierce or Thurston counties, you may be eligible for DCAP. To be eligible, you must:

  • Have suffered casualties and live in one of the counties designated as a disaster area by Governor Jay Inslee;
  • Being unable to live in or return to your home because of the disaster;
  • Your home must be your primary residence (not a vacation home) and you must have lived there at the time of the disaster;
  • Be a resident of Washington State;
  • Observe household net income limits (ranging from $ 339 for one person to $ 1,121 for eight or more people) after adjusting for income deductions, including unreimbursed fire losses; and
  • Neither you nor anyone in your household is eligible for another program that may meet your needs.

Some households can typically exceed the income limit for a program such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, but could still fall below the DCAP net income limit once financial losses are subtracted. Losses from fires, including home, property and / or personal possessions, may be allowed and will reduce the amount of accounting income, bringing a household below the net income limit.

In order to help households affected by forest fires, DSHS is updating the program rules so that you can be eligible for DCAP against forest fires even if you have received the DCAP for the COVID-19 pandemic, provided you meet all the eligibility criteria described above. . To apply, go to washingtonconnection.org or dial 877-501-2233.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top